Saturday, June 02, 2007

Well, I guess I have to change the name of this blog, huh?

I finally have internet service again, and since my fingertips are the only part of my body that is not in pain, I figured I would throw a post up so everyone would know that I am indeed alive.

After a very long, arduous decision process, I am finally in my new place. Thadd and I just moved from downtown Richmond (literally West of Shockoe, both the "Slip" and the "Bottom") to Church Hill, which equates to only about 1.5 miles difference from new address to old address. The entire moving process took 3 trips with a 10 foot truck, 9 trips with a Nissan Altima, and about 32 full hours of moving boxes and furniture and bags and then a midnight till dawn cleaning frenzy of the old place to try to get a security deposit back. Of course, we couldn’t be bothered to even THINK about packing until about a week and a half ago, so we deserve the pain from procrastinating. At this point, I am just numb from the aches and pains, and convinced that I will never again move unless I hire a crew to do it for me while I go on vacation. Seriously. I am not kidding. Had a homeless person, student, illegal immigrant, or ANYONE imaginable offered us help in exchange for money, food, or sex, both of us would have been very inclined to say yes and let the chips fall where they may.

Oh, and note to all: before you cry hysterically for 4 hours, thinking that your cat is gone forever because he is mad that you moved and/or the dog chased him out because he was so excited about his new backyard and back porch, check behind the dryer. My eyes are still swollen.

I’ll post before and after pics soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Staff said...

Hmmm . . . we'll have to put our heads together.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Not West of Shockoe?"

6:45 AM  
Blogger john m said...

Welcome to the neighborhood!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Phil Chroniger said...

"The Blog Formerly Known as West of Shockoe"

TBFKAWOS

Then, you can shorten it to "The Blog".

7:11 PM  
Blogger Karen Duncan said...

Oh keep the name anyway. And it sounds like you had a bit of a day there, poor thing. Hope you are feeling better now.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home