Friday, April 13, 2007

Seeing electeds at the grocery store

Not too long ao, I stopped by the Kroger on Broad Street and Lombardy in downtown Richmond. This is NOT my favorite place to shop, but it IS the closest, so unfortunately, I have to go sometimes. The store was pretty busy as it always is, seeing as how it is a) on a main road and commuters hit it on their way to/from work, and b) smack dab in the middle of VCU's Monroe Park campus (read shortage of beer and mac and cheese at all times). I finally found a spot, and pulled my rented electric blue PT Cruiser into a spot next to a big, shiny, white SUV with flags all over it and Benjamin Lambert for Senate stickers. I checked the car out pretty good, considering I had never before then (and never again to this day) seen an actual Lambert bumper sticker. I was shocked, and I wondered who was actually supporting this Democrat turned Republican in downtown Richmond.

Pholks, license plates tell a lot about a driver, and this case was no different.

The license plate on this "GO BENNY GO!!!" car read BJL III. So basically, the only person with Lambert bumper stickers on their car is Benjamin Lambert, III himself. Pretty funny.

I myself, am supporting a better candidate and a REAL Democrat. His name is Don McEachin. He is not going to have a hard time winning the race. He's a great guy, a great leader, he is into sports, and he looks awesome in Timberland boots and sweats when he isn't in a suit. He is DEFINITELY the kind of guy you want to go out and have a beer with.

If you haven't yet, check out Don's new website and throw him some bones if you can. Make sure you take a moment to read about Lambert's REFUSAL to debate Don McEachin on any issues, and his previous Republican donations. Remember; the Democratic Party is CLEARLY the big tent party, but I am not sure how much room we have left for Mr. Lambert. We are getting quite full these days. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I would much rather have a beer with Joe Morrisey, who is apparently considering a run against McEachin. Thats the kind of guy that will bring me back to the Democratic Party.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

What are you talking about? I have heard nothing of this. Plus, the deadline to file was today, so CLEARLY, it didn't happen. More info please.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

OK, he is NOT running AGAINST McEachin for the Senate seat against Ben Lambert. He is running for McEachin's old seat.

PLUS, he is in LOADS of trouble with the law. So, good luck with that.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Catzmaw said...

Wait a minute - are you talking about the same Joe Morrissey who was Richmond's City Attorney? I thought he was in Arlington now.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home