Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I am a sore loser

I am. I can only imagine what I would have been like if Virginia had had the audacity to re-elect George Allen or if the Democratic party had not swept the 2006 election in an unprecedented, amazing and necessary win. So, in retrospect, losing a football game is not a huge deal.

However, because I am an admitted sore loser and because there has just got to be a reason for the Buckeyes not playing football Monday night, I have an excuse for losing:
It's all the Republican party's fault
That's right. Why you ask? Because let's face it, anytime a Republican gets near anything OHIO related, disaster is sure to ensue; see Ohio 2004, presidential election and just TRY to say it ain't so. And we all know what happens with Republicans and Florida, correct? We get things like Katherine Harris, hurricane damage that is actually paid for purely for political reasons, and stolen elections. I really don't see how anyone could argue with me on this.

But what does this have to do with the game, you ask? Well, if you didn't watch it, you may not know, but...
JOHN MCCAIN WAS GIVEN THE LIBERTY OF FLIPPING THE COIN AND ESSENTIALLY, SETTING THE TONE FOR THE ENTIRE NIGHT
That's right. John McCain did it.
Politics intruded on the world of college football Monday night as Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain flipped the coin to kick off the biggest game of the year — the BCS game between the Ohio State University and the University of Florida at the Fiesta Bowl in Tempe. Florida won the toss and the game, but McCain may have been the real winner, getting face time in front of 26.4 million viewers and potential U.S. voters.
The Republican party has once again stolen a piece of my soul. This will not be forgotten, and they will never be forgiven.

Disclaimer for those without a sense of humor: yes, this is mostly sarcasm and snark. I figure laughing is better than crying. Rest up, Buckeyes. That "game" on Monday was unnacceptable and deplorable; you deserved to get beat for playing like a crappy high school team. And that is as close to a "congrats" I will extend to the gators, because I really am a sore loser.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is time that you resurrect a good Republican to cure Ohio State's woes......Woody Hayes. Love, Rowhey

11:24 AM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

I'm still crying in my beer.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Terry Carter said...

Just blame the 'Swaction' it'll make life easier.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, I love it.

I was at a bar in DC and when I saw McCain I said loudly to my friends, "Whoah- I think he's there to tell them they are going to Iraq right after the game." It was funny, but really sad at the same time. Then some dickwad told me to shut up. Sorry to say, he had an OSU shirt on and I laughed at him after the fumble that spelled doom.

12:07 PM  
Blogger cafe de emporia said...

McCain was #1 on the List of Most Annoying People on the Right that I posted on my site:

"The No. 1 Republican advocate for coddling terrorists at Gitmo, amnesty for illegals, and curtailing free speech about elections. If the Republicans in the Senate are planting a thumb in the eye of conservatives, 9 times out of 10, you can count on this egomaniac being at the root of it."

I actually thought that Ohio WOULD have won since McCain's flip surely would cause FL to lose..guess even I can be wrong sometimes.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Terry Carter said...

What bar were you at Doug, I was in DC the past two days...

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buffalo Billiards right off Dupont. Hey- no more smoking! It was much cleaner and I didn't smell like a bar the next morning.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

A guy with a Gators visor (turned sideways, I might add) came over to our table to poke fun, and Thadd had to tell him the hard truth that it would be me who would be kicking his ass if he didn't leave.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Terry Carter said...

"Buffalo Billiards right off Dupont. Hey- no more smoking! It was much cleaner and I didn't smell like a bar the next morning. "

Oh, cool, never heard of it though. :)

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Award-winning headline from yesterday: "Gators Take Leak on Buckeyes" Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

I will say though, the Gator team members and the fans are CLASSLESS. And the SEC is going to regret their demands 3 years down the road when they can't win games anymore. Oh well. We still won 19 games in a row and this was a fluke. I'll get over it.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won 19 games in a row, but not against the likes of Florida's schedule.

And what about those buffoons knocking their own star player out of the game:

"Ginn Jr. injured his foot when his teammates jumped on him in celebration after he returned the opening kickoff 93 yards for a touchdown in Ohio State's 41-14 loss to Florida on Monday night in the national title game. He noticed the injury while running a route on Ohio State's first offensive play and was sidelined the rest of the game."

What a bunch of maroons!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Agreed on the Ginn injury. Not so much on the schedule talk, but that's general moronic psycho babble from SEC zombies.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home