Tuesday, November 14, 2006

UPDATE: Um, I'm sorry, but Senator-elect Jim Webb (D-VA) is NOT a REPUBLICAN

UPDATE: The Army Times has changed their article and added a "D" after Senator-elect Jim Webb's name. Good for them, but I will not delete this diary because calling the MSM out on incompetence and oversight is a much needed job for bloggers.

Of course.

Not only are people truly pissed over the fact that Democrats took the House and the Senate, but they are obviously so irritated that they have to LIE about which party the newly elected officials are a part of.

Well, maybe it's just one elected official, but he is MY newly elected official, and I do NOT appreciate the gross oversight.
November 14, 2006
New lawmakers vie for spots on military committees
By Rick Maze

Some newly elected lawmakers are hoping for seats on the armed services and veterans’ affairs committees.

Intentions are becoming clearer, although committee assignments won’t be made for weeks — or in some cases maybe not until next year if difficulties surface in working out a power-shifting agreement between Democrats who will control the new Congress and the Republicans now in charge.

Sen. Jim Webb, R-Va.
, the Marine combat veteran and former Navy secretary, is asking for a seat on armed services or foreign relations. Both committees will be adding Democrats and eliminating Republicans. None of the other arriving Democratic freshman senators are talking about either committee, so Webb may be able to pick his favorite.
Okay...so in two short paragraphs they completely contradict themselves.

And this is the ARMY TIMES?!?

I mean, I know everyone wants a piece of Webb, but this is just ridiculous.

5 Comments:

Blogger Terry Carter said...

May have been an outdated 'Mechanicsville Local' which I believe only publishes once per week. Who knows though..

[and sorry if this posts twice, Blogger is acting up]

6:57 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

It very well could have been...

1:34 PM  
Blogger Rick Howell said...

Good job for nailing the Army Times...but I wanted to compliment you for your whole beer glass theme....West of Shockoe must be a cool place to be...

5:48 PM  
Blogger Terry Carter said...

I'm an idiot. That comment was meant for your post about the paper at the Sheetz in Hanover. :) I suck at the internets I guess.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Terry-no worries. :)

Rick-Thanks! Actually, JC Wilmore, the Richmond Democrat, finally convinced me to start my own blog and he set it up for me, including the pics. There is a fantastic bar here in Richmond-the Capital Ale House. It is 5 blocks from my apartment, and it is one of the five bars in the US where an ice strip runs down the entire length of the bar, so you don't need a coaster and your beer stays cold.

I love it.

Anytime you are in town, let us know and we will take you there.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home