Tuesday, November 14, 2006

UPDATE: The final tally: 9,329

I wanted to update this diary and bring it to the top in light of a crazy thing I saw this past weekend.

Every Sunday, Thaddaeus Toad and I head out to Ashland for band rehearsal. We always stop at the big Sheetz for coffe, water, and doughnuts. I have to tell you, I was mighty surprised to see a small local newspaper on the rack right next the Times Disgrace which bore the headline:
Senate Race in Virginia Still Too Close to Call!
Um...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

You know, I may have been hallucinating, but I believe George Allen conceded to Senator-elect Jim webb (D-VA) on Thursday 11/9/06, so I don't know why this would be a headline on Sunday, 11/12/06.

I guess some people really do believe that if you wish it hard enough, it will come true.

Anyway, I went back and looked at the site for the Virginia State Board of Elections, and sure enough, Senator-elect Jim Webb (D-VA) is still ahead, and he is now ahead by more than he was when George Allen conceded the race and stated that he would not demand a recount.

The final count of votes Senator-elect Jim Webb has over Senator George Allen is 8,942 9,329.

This was a tight race, pholks. Congratulations, Senator-elect Jim Webb (D-VA). Thanks to all who worked on his behalf. 11/7/06 is a day that Virginians made history.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry Carter said...

I promise I'll post my comments in the correct spot from now on, accidently posted this in your other diary.....

Anyway....
The newspaper at the Sheetz may have been an outdated 'Mechanicsville Local' which I believe only publishes once per week. Who knows though..

6:03 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

No problem, and I answered in the wrong place too. :)

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home