Thursday, November 09, 2006

My first endorsement for 2008












I officially endorse Represenative Robert C. "Bobby" Scott (D-VA) for Senate in 2008.

Why?

For many reasons. But mainly because I know he will be great and I know we would WIN. Not only will every Democratic supporter back him, but let's be honest; we all saw what an impact the African American vote had on this Senate election. In fact, Wilder is saying that the black vote had more to do with Webb's win than NoVa did, and he may be right. Bobby Scott is a popular Dem, he is a man of faith loved and adored by people of all races, and ADDITIONALLY, anyone he endorsed would win his current seat.

Rep. Bobby Scott for Senate in 08.

5 Comments:

Blogger Terry Carter said...

First off, I hope John Warner retires, even though he said he won't, he needs to. Then *maybe,* just MAYBE Mark Warner will throw his name into the hat...

10:50 PM  
Blogger Staff said...

Welcome to Lefty Blogs! You were long overdue!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

HAHAHAHAHA, I was just about to call you! :)

Thanks!

Also, I am not moderating comments for a little while now that the election is over-we'll see, though. ;)

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaime-

Are you going to start a "Draft Bobby Scott" movement?

He says he doesn't want to run. Just sayin'.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I don't know that I would start a movement for him to run; Rep. Scott has done amazing things for Virginia and if he is happy in his seat, then so be it.

STRATEGICALLY for the Democratic party, I happen to think it would be a great move and that he should go for it.

But then again who the hell am I? :)

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home