Thursday, November 08, 2007

Just in case anyone noticed how quiet I have gotten

...you may want to take a look at this post over at Bearing Drift. I agree with a lot of what Jim Hoeft and Brian Kirwin have to say, which I know will come as a surprise to many, but it is in fact, true.

After the blog conference, I needed a break from regular blogging/commenting. The break has lasted a lot longer than expected, and surprisingly...I haven't spontaneously combusted. Instead, I have watched a lot of college football, read a few books I have been meaning to get to on the shelf, gotten to appreciate some television that is non-political, and remembered how fun it is to take my dog on really nice, long walks. I have also gotten back into my music obsession and have been generally enjoying my new place I call home.

I don't think I'll ever actually "quit" the Virginia blogosphere, but I don't regret ignoring it for a while.

That's all, I guess. Take care, pholks. See you around the interwebs. :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And of course, cheers to all.

10 Comments:

Blogger Rick Howell said...

Hey, I'm glad you're back. You're beer-soaked home page brings me back to my senses whenever I think of drinking less. Plus, the lady on that page - and I'm assuming she claims you in some way - is lovely and has a great smile.

And, yes, I had noticed that you were silent. Now, get back in the game.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Rick Howell said...

You can tell that I'm not abstaining tonight. "You're" should be "Your."

8:58 PM  
Blogger Karen Duncan said...

Glad you are back. I missed you but completely understand why you needed a break.

Like Jim's and Brian's BD post, well said!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wenzel said...

Watching a lot of college football, huh? I hadn't noticed...is Ohio State doing well this year?

9:16 AM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Yes, they have won 10 games, lost zero. They beat Penn State at Penn State, at night, with the student section white out. We look good, but of course, we suck bc we lost to Florida last year. You know how that is.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wenzel said...

As much as I dislike tOSU, I can't really talk much trash about them sucking until UM beats them (which I hope will happen in exactly eight days).

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were gone?

-Myron

12:20 PM  
Blogger J.R.Hoeft said...

It must stink to know that OSU is already going to be 11-1 this year. And on the last game of the regular season too. Bummer.

I know how you feel -- my job has really caused me to focus on other things, and, frankly, it's been enjoyable.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

OH MY GOD...is Jim Hoeft talking trash about my Buckeyes?

You and that school up North better watch it, Jim...

;)

6:42 PM  
Blogger J.R.Hoeft said...

I'm a Republican and I'm from Ann Arbor...sometimes I'm amazed we're even on speaking terms.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home