Monday, February 19, 2007

Did you hit my car?

Hey all. I am working on a full JJ recap post, but unfortunately I am a bit busy with the insurance company and the police right now since some WONDERFUL person decided to smash up my car and leave the scene on Saturday night. Thadd and I were at the JJ all night, and once the fire department decided that no one else was allowed into the hospitality suites due to code regulations, we left to meet a group of people at Penny Lane Pub on 5th street and Franklin. We drank, talked, laughed, and had a great time. At 1:41am, I paid my tab and Thadd and I left the establishment. We were shocked to see that my car had been hit very hard on the passenger side, and the weight of the other car actually pushed my car ONTO THE CURB. Of course, they left the scene, most likely because they were hammered drunk.

Nice, huh?

I am using my blog as an additional resource and as a way to try to get any other information possible so I can get my car fixed on the dime of the offending party. If I do not find out who did this, it is likely that my car will be considered totalled by the insurance company and the bank I am still paying since I do not yet own the car, and I will be, in a word, SCREWED. If anyone who was with us that evening at Penny Lane (we all left within moments of one another) has any information or saw or heard anything that may have anything to do with this accident, please let me know here in the comments section. I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nate de la Piedra said...

Jaime,

Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting the picture I took of your poor car yet.

I left my camera at home, I will be getting home around 10PM and will post it in the comments for you.

-Nate

1:29 PM  
Blogger Mark Brooks said...

I am very sorry to hear that Jaime, but we gave up at the Marriot sooner than you did. When I saw the line, Lisa and I said goodbye to Vivian and left for our hotel room.

Sorry we missed you too. I am working on the video of Obama's speech and will be putting it up at Democratic Central.

---Mark

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sux!

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pain. I hate morons that do something like that and completely walk away.

On an entirely different scale, I had my new truck hit in a parking garage the week I got it. The woman drove off. Fortunately someone saw it and gave me a description of the car.

The next morning I drove slowly through the garage and matched up the pieces of her tail light that she left on the ground behind my truck.

I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry some drunk a-hole ruined an otherwise fun night Jaime. The idea of somebody getting away with like that crap makes me sick.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Nate de la Piedra said...

Here's the damage

So, blogger isn't letting me put pictures in the comments, but I e-mailed you the picture.

But in others want to see what douche bags can do, here is the link to the picture

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you don't have uninsured motorist clasue in your insurance? when i had a new car the insurance company MADE me carry that. sorry it happened

10:12 AM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

I do have it; its actually helped me out quite a bit. I plan on updating soon. Thanks to all for your kind words and advice. :)

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home