Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday Funnies - Joe Stanley is hilarious edition

Hahahahahahaha!
In 2000, after working in some New York City campaigns, Stanley volunteered for Hillary Clinton's campaign for the U.S. Senate. He used his experience acting at the dinner theater and improvising on stage as a stand-up comedian to infiltrate private Republican fundraisers.

"I'd put on a sweater vest and bow tie and go to Republican events and tape them," Stanley said. "I'd have to improv my way in. I'd go to the ticket table and tell them I was there to pick up my tickets that someone left for me. The key is to pick someone on the radar but not very well-known. I'd pick an ambassador.

"They'd say, 'Well, we don't have the tickets.' I'd argue and make some fake calls on my cellphone, and finally say, 'Well, you'll have to call the ambassador, and he will not be happy.' These people are just volunteers and usually you can bluff your way in."
Awesome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm. Duping volunteers by lying to them in order to get into an event for which you haven't paid.

Honorable? Funny?

Really now, Jamie...(PSST--BE BETTER THAN THEY ARE)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home