Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bush on Iraq - "I think we'll succeed"

This morning I was able to watch part of President Bush's exclusive interview with Steve Scully of C-Span. The interview was conducted yesterday, and it is a very interesting piece. You can view the info for interview here, and if you cannot watch it online (I can't), I am sure it will be replayed again and undoubtedly, bits and pieces will be on every news show throughout the week (if we can get off the Anna Nicole blitz, that is). Not many people are reporting on it yet, but I did find this article, and I have highlighted an interesting bit for you.
Q: Some your strongest supporters -- Laura Ingraham on radio, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity -- have said that part of the problem is that the media haven't covered the full story in Iraq. If things go badly in Iraq, are the media responsible?

PRESIDENT BUSH: Oh, I think I -- you know, if that's -- that's a -- a pretty interesting trick question -- you know, if things go badly. I think they're going to go well. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made the decision I made.The question is what -- the definition of "go well." If -- if the definition of success is -- is that there will be no suicide bombers, then we've really placed our fate in the hands of those who are willing to kill themselves. If the definition of success is the emergence of a stable society that's beginning to reconcile and do the political work necessary, then I -- I -- I think we'll succeed.
He THINKS that things will go well. THINKS.

Well, good. I am sure the troops are thrilled beyond belief that their commander in chief THINKS their time in Iraq will be well worth it.

What a way to support the troops, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Catzmaw said...

This was another one of those car-scream moments for me, as I sat in my office parking lot and yelled at the radio. My colleagues think I'm nuts, but who can blame me?

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home