Thursday, January 25, 2007

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH - might a truce be in the works?

West of Shockoe











NOT West of Shockoe















This is truly hilarious to me, and I must say that I am truly humbled by the good nature and obvious great humor of a few Republican bloggers. I am glad the Swaction enjoyed their meal and their libations, and I feel that I just may have to call for a truce. Guys, that picture is truly better than perfect.

From STD:
LG Bolling Day at the Assembly: Not West of Shockhoe
Look familiar?

I believe it's our biggest fans, of bestest friends PJ, and Thaddeus Toad!

SWAC GIRL, Max & I grabbed a bite to eat at lunch at their favorite watering and/or blogging hole. I must admit they have a great venue to do some blogging from. The Brat sandwich at Capital Ale House is awesome! I would have preferred a Guldens type mustard instead of the sweeter one they serve, but the sweeter taste did mix well with the Pale Ale.

And since it was a day off, did a little imbibing ourselves! Our college Republican friend had Ice Tea...

Now Don't Ya'll Feel the Love? Not to mention leaving you some Love, enjoy a couple on us!
John's post:
West of Shockoe INVADED!!!!

Legislators rushing. Time tables to keep. Constituents to meet with. Bills to pass. Bills to table. Lunches to attend. Functions to spotlight. Lobbyists to debate with. Bloggers to meet with. Welcome to the House and Senate Sessions of 2007.

And in the middle of all of this, after our morning sessions were concluded, a group of SWAC bloggers decided to grab a bite of lunch. We found a comfortable setting to dine, sat down, and decided to snap a quick picture.














Woops.... wrong picture. But it was then that we realized....OH NO! (Or was it, OH YES!?) We were in the bowels of West of Shockoe's Lair! THE CAPITAL ALE HOUSE. Then we realized that we sat not in any random seat....but in their usual seats! What a feat! What a success! And we left them a few surprises along the way! It is SUCH a shame we missed you all. Next time you all go, drink a beer for us and keep us in your fond memories...because we made it into your Lair under your nose...and that doesn't happen too often. It's what we like to call a 'cruel irony'...

And speaking of cruel ironies....

















And from Swac Girl:
SWAC bloggers' phriendly invasion of West of Shockoe

I must admit we had fun yesterday phooling around with West of Shockoe's Phriendly Jaime.

The SWAC bloggers were in Richmond for Bill Bolling's Bloggers Day and, when it came time for a lunch break, we had a mission.

Our Mastermind: Spank That Donkey.

Accomplices: Johnathan Maxfield and SWAC Girl.

Mission: Duplicate the photo on WOS's blog taken at Capital Ale House.

Mission Accomplished? Absolutely ... and then some!

Spank That Donkey is mischievous anyway but this was one of his best! We set his laptop up at Capital Ale's bar, pulled up WOS's website to look at the photo we had in mind, and started "setting the stage." John was photographer: "Lean more forward. Tilt your head. More tilt...." It was hilarious.

But the piece de resistance has yet to come because I don't believe Jaime has been to the bar since we were there yesterday.

Jaime, get thee to the Ale House and have a drink on us! The manager took care of it ... you have a little "SWAC" gift waiting for you. :)

It was a pfun time in the capital city!

Excellent job, guys. You gave me a good laugh, and I am sorry to have missed you. Let me know next time you are in town, and I will definitely have a beer with you. BUT...just be prepared; this is hilarity that I think deserves good natured retaliation. ;) The next time it snows, you may see me on Swac's lawn catching snowflakes.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the old lady?

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should say "older" -- she's not quite "old" yet.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Spank That Donkey said...

I'll take you up on that beer..

Who is that ugly anonymous commenter?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

The woman in the picture is Lynne, otherwise known as SwacGirl. I have been very rude to her in the past, but in the spriit of how hilarious this is, I have to say she definitely has a great sense of humor, and I absolutely love that this was done. That picture is juat hilarious; the eyes! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Anonymous - watch who you're calling old! We could pull a prank on you next. :)

And, Jaime, it's "Lynn" ... no "e." Glad you took it in the spirit it was intended. Post is now up on SWAC Girl about it....

2:05 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Oooops, no e. That's the same way I spell my middle name, Lynn. The world must be ending if we are getting along and have something in common, huh? ;)

Watch out-it's snowing in Richmond, and I may have to catch a snowflake!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Lynn R. Mitchell said...

It's snowing in the Valley, too....

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now I understand why I was confused.

I thought that perhaps she was SWACgirl's mother.

I've never heard of any middle-aged woman referring to herself as a "girl".

I do agree that the pic is quite funny.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Terry Carter said...

"I've never heard of any middle-aged woman referring to herself as a "girl."

No offense to the swaction, but I thought she was younger too.

The picture is hilarious, Lynn needs a bigger smile on her face, though.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jaime does have quite the toothy, beautiful smile....it has to be quite hard to duplicate

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home