Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Apologizing for slavery is only ok when George Allen does it

















Can Republicans not remember 2005?

George Allen sponsored an anti-lynching bill in 2005. Here is the list of the members of Congress who signed the bill. John McCain apologized for NOT signing an anti-lynching bill right away (he later signed on to the bill out of fear of being labeled a racist). No one bitched then, did they? NO. In fact, I distinctly remember MANY people screaming that George Allen couldn't POSSIBLY be a racist because of the said bill and his promise to apologize for slavery.
During the past two years, as Allen has flirted with the idea of running for president in 2008, he has introduced symbolic anti-lynching legislation in the Senate and promised to lead the charge for an official apology for slavery.
So, wait; was apologizing for slavery only ok when George Allen was going to do it? Or is the fact that as always, the Republicans weren't paying attention to governing bc the Republicans were in charge and they were just happy for that as opposed to caring about the outcome?

I'm guessing the latter.

I ask again; is apologizing for slavery only ok when George Allen is going to do it? I'm just checking.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Priendly. Until I saw your picture on the site, I didn't realize I met you at my house at a party in October!!! (Or I met the attractive woman and man in the picture on your site).... Anyhow, here's a link to something I wrote about the subject:
http://hillbillysavants.blogspot.com/2007/01/sorry-seems-to-be-hardest-word.html

Hope to see you around!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

OH MY GOD, me either! Hey! :)

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a cute picture of you guys from the party amongst all the other pics and tried to email it to you but the email address you have up at Raising Kaine won't work? Could you update the address and I'll send it to you.

April

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A better idea. Get my email address from J. Papa....he's in the picture with you guys.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Um...who?

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Apparently you don't know the nice guy in the picture with you guys...He's a friend of me and my husband, and from the picture that he's in with you I just presumed you guys all knew each other. The three of you look so cozy. Guess the beautiful weather brought that out in everyone! So since you apparently don't know him, perhaps we could go back to the original plan of just having a current email address pop up when you post something at Raising Kaine.....Next time I see you post something (I don't read blogs every day but I'll check periodically) at RK, I'll click on your email link and try to send you some pics of the party again. If I can get it to work.
See ya around.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home