Sunday, December 31, 2006

Do you really care?



















You may not, but in the spirit of the new year, I have decided to follow the lead of Waldo and Vivian Paige. The following are 5 things you never knew about me...
1. I majored in musical theatre at a small private college just outside of Cleveland, OH. I loved it, and post graduation I got exactly one paid acting job before I quit the business and moved on toward finding a "real career." I don't have a huge problem with rejection, but rejection for a recent college grad in NYC with all of the other millions of Broadway Bound kids was a bit much.

2. I have gotten out of exactly 17 tickets after being pulled over for one of many reasons. I never really tried to get out of the tickets; I think that police in general just got tired of listening to me speak, hence the numerous "warnings" I was given. I also helped the police catch a criminal at the ripe age of 9, and I was allowed to leave the scene of a crime at both 17 and 22. I have no idea why they allowed that, but rest assured that I play it a lot more safely these days.

3. If I like a movie or a song a lot, I have been known to play whatever form of media it is on repeat, for many days. I have had to buy replacement CDs and DVDs because of the wear and tear of repitition.

4. I have been in many long term relationships, yet I have absolutely zero desire to marry. The thought of inviting more than 5 people to an event I have to plan makes me sweat and pant (not in a good way), and I would much rather have a big old casual party outdoors with kegs and burgers and play a video of my nuptials for the guests.

5. I moved to Virginia from northern NJ and lived with Thadd's sister and her girlfriend of 11 years for the first 8 months I was here. I mucked the barn, fed farm animals, and peed in a bucket at night. I lived in the "mother in law" house with Thadd and we had no water, no heat, and no air conditioning. Once, I thought a horse outside was a madman murderer, and another time Thadd found a mouse family in the garbage can I slept next to every night. We now live in the heart of the city.
Happy New Year, everyone. Be safe, have fun, and take care of you and yours.

7 Comments:

Blogger Vivian J. Paige said...

I want to know the secret of getting out of tickets :)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Not much of a secret; just talk a LOT, really fast, and non-stop. Cops have limits too. ;)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I have never had to talk my way out of a speeding ticket.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

wooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That sounds like a story...please go on...


;)

1:22 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

The secret is to only drive faster than the rest of the traffic when you have an unobstructed view of the road and surrounding area so you can see that there are no cops.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Did you ever do any lesbian stuff?

Or does that gross you out?

1:10 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

That doesn't gross me out at all.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home