Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It's over. Welcome to the Congress, Senator Webb (D-VA)













Oh my GOD. I must say, I don't think I have never sobbed so much out of happiness before tonight. I have cried hard whan I was sad, and cried happy tears when I was happy, but I don't think I have quite yet experienced this exact emotion. Pholks, our election has finally ended in our favor and in the favor of the United States of America. This is a new day for all.

Congratulations, Senator Webb. I have enjoyed working for you very closely for the past eight months. I realize that I will probably never again have the opportunity to hang out with you in a bar and have a beer with you and be amongst only 20 excited supporters in an extremely red state, but that's ok. :) I am so happy for you that you are now our next Senator of Virginia. You deserve this, the country deserves this, and I look forward to your leadership and guidance.

4 Comments:

Blogger J in Ric said...

Woohooo!!! Good job! I am excited for our future. Here's looking to a better future and hopefully to a great 08'.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Congress denotes both the house and the Senate.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"... but who knows..."

Ummm, not you, Lo. It must be pretty embarrassing to call someone stupid only to find out that you don't even know the definition of Congress. C'mon, we learned that in 7th Grade Social Studies, remember? I can still hear my teacher now, "Congress is the national legislative body of the United States, consisting of the Senate and the House of Representatives."

9:48 AM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Well, in Lo's defense, he/she didn't actually call me stupid-just said my title was written in "stupidity" but also conceded that he/she may be wrong in their assessment.

I'm right, and I am still on a high from our Democratic takeover, so it's cool. :)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home