Friday, December 15, 2006

Soldiers behaving badly

I hate seeing things like things like this. Now, before you click, I must warn you that the following video contains profanity and despicable behavior by some of the nation's greatest heroes. I realize war is terrible, and I deeply respect our men and women of the armed forces. However, bad behavior towards Iraqi children by our soldiers is still considered wrong and unnacceptable.

I hope events like this cease.
In the brief, undated video at the site liveleak.com, a U.S. soldier appears atop a military vehicle as another mills about, directing the children to shout, "F*ck Iraq." The youngsters, though smiling, do not seem to understand what it is they are saying.

The soldiers have a laugh, presumably at the childrens' expense, with one at the end heard saying with a chuckle, "Oh God, that was so wrong."

3 Comments:

Blogger Terry Carter said...

I was going to post this last night, but for some reason I got the feeling that it was fake (like, sound edited or something). Probably because the one I saw had "ebaum's world" on the bottom of it. Did you see the one a couple months back where the soldiers were in a vehicle hanging out the back with bottles of water while Iraqi kids ran after them trying to catch them to get the water...it was truly pathetic. Makes me even more angry at the fools who say soldiers shouldn't be prosecuted when they do something stupid.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

I did see that one as well.

This one upset me bc they seem like they know full well what they are doing and how wrong it is. I hate to bemoan our military, but I was pretty sick when I read this.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Terry Carter said...

"I hate to bemoan our military, but I was pretty sick when I read this. "

I have no problem "bemoaning" them when they do something this stupid. They DESERVE to face the consequences and scrutiny.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home