Sunday, October 01, 2006

A note on comment moderation









So, like most members of the blogosphere, I DO moderate the comments posted to my site. I will definitely post a comment that disagrees with my own views, and I have no problem with snark, foul language, or stupidity from Republicans. HOWEVER, I will absolutely not post comments like this one from the other night:
Anonymous: Show us yer tits!
Sigh. Listen, I know the fact that a woman who speaks for herself and is interested in "manly" things simply floors some of you, but c'mon. I mean, what did you think my answer to that was going to be?
"Oh, yes, OK! You're right, let me take a picture and do just that! Thanks for giving me an awesome idea!"
No. That definitely wasn't going to be my answer.

So, please understand that while my comment moderation policy may seem annoying and akin to censorship to some people, I simply cannot condone conversations about my anatomy on a public website dedicated to politics and the city of Richmond. Thanks for posting, and thanks for stopping by, but if you're looking for people to "show tits" you are going to have to go somewhere else.

10 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Jaime, Kristen and I have had to delete numerous comments of that nature. It's akin to honking at a woman while driving past her. Oh, YES! Please!!! Let me run after you and cling to your car's bumper!

It's pathetic. It's not like female bloggers go and post anonymous comments of that nature on men's blogs. (Either that, or Democratic female Polish bloggers are just a real turn on for men ;) )

6:20 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Last night, a guy said to me RIGHT IN FRONT OF THADD, that he liked my perfume but would rather wake up next to it.

Um, dude, seriosuly; that's a horrible pick up line, and my boyfirend of 6 years is standing right next to you.

Yes, he may have been drunk, but he is DEFINITELY stupid.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Oh, and I too am Polish. Go figure. I wonder how Allen will insult US.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Well, I just played the Allen insult generator, and put in "a woman." The answer is not far off from my post, and you and Kristen's experiences.

Allen's answer: "Hello, sugar tits!"

Is ANYONE surprised?

Oh, George...

Make sure after you pick your insult you ask the senator to explain himself...too funny!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Howling Latina said...

Racist, sexist anonymous bloggers!

How come Howling Latina isn't getting any love?!?

Not one single post about my howling anatomy.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is coming from the girl who flashed librarians?

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's my comment!!!!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Jaime- Aw, you know, he'll find out he's Polish tommorow, and then he'll make some comment like, "Well, I'm proud to be a Pollack. I always loved pierogi." And then he'll say that "Pollack" isn't a racial term, he just made it up.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Staff said...

Shameless hussy.

I'm talking about you Ben, not you Jaime.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Phriendly Jaime said...

Ben-first of all, let me remind you that I love you dearly. Secondly, this post is about my comment moderation policy, not my own personal life and/or my actions.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home