Thursday, April 20, 2006

Allen Buses In Supporters To Shad Planking. PAID FOR TIX.

Well, let me first say hello and thanks to all of the wonderful people I met, recognized, and knew already yesterday at shad planking. It was awesome, super fun, and really motivating. In light of all of the negativity coming from the Miller supporters, I wanted to get the Webb Heads back on track with the REAL candidate we are trying to beat: George Allen.

Imagine my surprise when I was scouring the internet(s) :) today for info on the event, and I came upon this wonderful little tidbit! Apparently, there was a good reason for all of the blue shirts and college republicans yesterday: Allen and his staff provided FREE TIX and a FREE BUS RIDE for people interested in going and supporting him!!!

Che? Qua? Huh? WHAT? George Allen-say it aint so!!!! But I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST YOU!!!!! ;)

Across the aisle, Sen. George Allen (R-Virginia) raised $1.7 million in the first quarter and now has $7.2 million in the bank, according to The Washington Post. Allen, who raised only $28,000 in his leadership PAC so far this year, is seeking re-election and will face either former Navy Secretary James Webb (D) or telecommunications lobbyist Harris Miller (D) in November. In an e-mail sent yesterday, Allen is offering supporters a free bus ride and a ticket to attend "Shad Planking 2006" -- Virginia's annual non-partisan political fish picnic. And for those Northern Virginia supporters who decide to ride one of the two buses to tomorrow's event in Wakefield, they will get the added bonus of receiving a George Allen t-shirt or hat to wear. Another likely 2008 presidential candidate, Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona), raised a paltry $14,000 in his Senate account and currently has $1.1 million in the bank. McCain does not face Arizona voters again until 2010. And Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Nebraska) raised $39,600 in the first quarter and has $144,000 cash-on-hand.

WOW!!! Must be nice to save $20, save gas $$, and get as hammered as you want bc a trusty bus driver will drive you back to a parking lot somewhere after a nice nap in an air-conditioned bus.

I know, SOOOOOO hard to believe that a rich Republican that votes with George Bush 96% of the time actually has the $$ and resources to pay people to like him...

Meanwhile, in the real world...my Democratic voice is hoarse, my democratic back is burned, my democratic hand is cut, and my democratic feet are tired. I have less $$ and gas than I did yesterday, and I am now super behind in my last few weeks of homework. BUT, I am motivated, ready to work, ecstatic, and refreshed from the day I spent with the best candidate for VA, and perhaps the country. I work for Jim Webb, folks: free of charge. And I could not be happier.
My name is Phriendlyjaime, and I approve this message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home