Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Former Senator George Allen (R-VA) owes Siddharth $$

Well, he doesn't really, as of now. However, if Los Angeles attorney Gloria Allred has her way re: Michael Richards and his racist tirade, then Richards may just have to pay the men he insulted.
'Deeply sorry'
Richards, best known for his portrayal of the wacky neighbor Kramer in the mega-hit series “Seinfeld,” apologized for his behavior in an interview Monday night via satellite on David Letterman’s “Late Show.”

"I got heckled and took it badly and went into a rage," he said, adding, "I am not a racist! That's what's so insane about this. For me to be on stage, and flip out and say this stuff, I'm deeply, deeply sorry."

Los Angeles attorney Gloria Allred, who is representing Doss and McBride, said she wants a retired judge to sit down with Richards and the two men to determine if the three-time Emmy winner should pay them for "the pain that he has inflicted on them as a result of his racist words."

"If our children took a rock and threw it through the window of a next-door neighbor, we would say to that child, ‘Go to the neighbor, apologize directly to the neighbor and pay the cost of that window that you broke,'" Allred said. "We think it’s important that he follow his words with deeds."
So, my question is this: why shouldn't George Allen pony up and make a finanial payment to Siddharth? Did he NOT also make a racist comment IN PUBLIC and ON VIDEO this summer in Breaks? And isn't what's good for the goose good for the gander as well?

EDIT: I realize this didn't come across as sarcastic as I thought. Obviously, I do not think either party deserves financial retribution for freedom of speech. I am not that nuts.

Ah well-sorry.

She really is planning on suing Richards, though. Keith Olbermann just reported.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terry Carter said...

That's stupid. Glad you added the update though, I thought you were serious at first too.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get what you were saying. BUT, if these people get money from Kramer - then I think Siddarth would get money from Allen!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Amy

10:21 PM  
Blogger Terry Carter said...

I probably don't need to say this either but Gloria Allred is a NUT! She's always on Faux news (especially Greta Van Susteran) talking about something stupid.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home